Our purpose is to support, encourage and develop business within the Annapolis District area.
Better Represent the Business Community
- Maintain regular & ongoing communication with Town and County contacts
- Work to assist in the stimulation of economic development via the support and aid in operation of the Visitor Information Center and by organizing several annual events to increase traffic to our town
- Market our organization better
- Highlight all of our initiatives to the media
- Achieve advertising through sponsorship of events
- Create and distribute the Annapolis Retailer as an affordable means of advertising for the local businesses and maintaining and updating our website to reflect BoT business
- Become a Valued Member of the Community
- Become a communication link between cultural and business community through our Annapolis Retailer and our calendar of events
- Utilize the central calendar function on the NSFC site as the “spider in the center of the web” to increase visibility and success of area events. Work with the Town and Tourism Council on achieving a central calendar of events that all local businesses may use so that we all display the same information at any given time.
- Support area youth and senior initiatives
- $300 Bursary annually towards a student at AWEC to support a student that is going into a business program
- Support initiatives that promote growth in our Town’s population and business sector
- In conjunction with the Town of Annapolis Royal and the Municipality of Annapolis County:
- Support business promotions in the ADBOT community
- Operate the Visitor Information Centre and enable it to remain open for a longer time frame to assist the fall season visitors to our area.
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 24 March 2009 )